It’s been a while since I’ve done a top ten list, but after yesterday, I knew it was time to start creating again.
My sister started training at a well-respected hair design school, but, before she finished her coursework, she decided cosmetology was not for her. As a result, she doesn’t have her license to cut hair. However, I took a gamble yesterday. I didn’t want to pay for an expensive haircut this month, so asked Lisa if she felt comfortable doing my hair. After all, she dyes it for me frequently, and besides the one hair disaster, she does a great job. Lisa agreed, said she felt confident with the picture I showed her, and, therefore, I felt confident–that is, until I heard the following ten statements during the process of my haircut:
10. It’s really hard to cut hair without a swivel chair.
9. Shh! I can’t have any noise.
8. I need to stop for a minute and breathe in a paper bag. It’s not your hair; I’m just feeling really panicky.
6. Argh. Your hair is so hard to cut–it shows every mistake.
5. Well, I don’t think this is the worst haircut you’ve ever gotten….
Lisa: “I don’t know…I don’t even remember what it looks like anymore.”
2. I give up
1. Mason: No, Lisa, cut here. It’ll look like you are trying to do what you did on that side.
Despite the terror I felt during the process, I’m pretty pleased with the end result. Thanks, Lisa!
What’s the craziest thing you heard during a haircut?